Fireworks, including sparklers exceeding 36 inches, firecrackers, roman candles, bottle rockets and mortars used in Wisconsin without a valid permit is illegal. A commonly used rule of thumb is that a permit is required if the device explodes or leaves the ground.
Permits are issued by the Town Chair. Call ahead with the following information: Name of person requesting permit (must be over 18, liable for any damage that may be caused and sign the form), address of responsible person, address where fireworks will be used and date. A permit is good for only 1 day, more than 1 day will require a permit for each day.
Springwater Collection Site: W6345 Cty. Rd. K, Wild Rose (Eight other sites may be found on the Waushara County Website, Solid Waste info). A “Dump Card” is necessary – see info below.
Waushara County Collection Site Hours:
Wednesdays 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Saturdays - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Each Solid Waste site will only have one bin for recycling.
All paper, cardboard (boxes broken down), glass, tin cans and plastic bottles will go into this one bin.
Electronic Recycling: Television, phone and computer electronics, microwaves, rechargeable batteries, oil filters and antifreeze need to be dropped off at our office (see the recycle brochure for fees) located at 1001 E Main St, Wautoma.
Monday through Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
How to Acquire a Collection Site “Dump Card” A "dump card" is your proof of residency or land ownership in Waushara County which is required to use one of our 9 collection sites. Our collection site attendants will request it if they do not recognize you. They will not accept any other form of identification. To obtain a card you can:
- call our office 920-787-3327
- stop by our office at 1001 E Main St, Wautoma *
- complete our online Dump Card Request Form.
- email [email protected] with your name, address of land in Waushara County and your mailing address.
* *If you are a resident but not a landowner or have purchased land within the last 2 weeks please bring in/attach a utility bill or driver’s license (Waushara County Address) or provide your landlord's/previous owner's name.